Writer – Technology
For us, the highest praise is when our clients say that working with us is the best part of their day. CMD is looking for an experienced B2E (Business to Everything) writer that is passionate about telling innovative stories.
You will be a leading-edge voice that will help craft messaging, essential web content, scripts for videos/animations, and some occasional micro content in the form of social and infographics.
This is a full-time role in beautiful Portland.
Things you will do
- Collaborate with the creative and account teams to develop copy that is on strategy and reflects the brand personality
- Prepare and conduct SME interviews that result in clear and concise summary documents
- Write in a wide variety of styles that correspond to the client’s needs and achieve the project goals
- Produce a broad range of deliverables including solution/product briefs, white papers, video and animations, marketing decks, and messaging docs
- Demonstrate a vast knowledge of the tech industry, understanding what terms and jargon (like AI, IOT, FPGA and HPC) represent, and can effectively communicate the who-what-why-how in common sense language
- Be savvy with all things digital and understand SEO
- Adhere to project budgets and time constraints
- Be a strategic thinker, deep researcher and very good story teller
- Manage multiple projects at one time
- Communicate and thrive under pressure
- Be an integral part of a dedicate team that works hard and has fun
Things you have
- Four-year degree and minimum five years of experience
- Samples of work relevant to the tech sector
- Ability to think on your feet and make quick decisions
- Experience participating in meetings and the ability to defend existing or potential messaging directions
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Only apply if you
- Believe there is no “I” in “team”
- Know the glass is half full and can’t sit still for someone to fill it for you
- Know how to work across teams and live and breathe the collaborative spirit
- Bring your “A game” to work every day and smile playing it
- Take a thank-you from the client and know instinctively the team deserves it even more
- Know that every problem has a solution
- Recognize failure as growth and learn from it
- Can live by our vision: Create. Great. Together.