Who are we?
One of the original and now largest agencies born in the Pacific Northwest, CMD has over 40 years of continually wowing our clients and delivering the brand impact they need. We are 150 storytellers representing a wide spectrum of disciplines, but united by one vision: Create. Great. Together. Each day, we put our values into action, while expertly adapting to changing landscapes and priorities. We value equity and diversity because we know it makes us more creative, more innovative, and better problem solvers.
Who do we need?
For us, the highest praise is when our clients say that working with us is the best part of their day. As a video producer, you’ll provide excellent leadership, project management, creative vision, planning, and communication skills. You’ll manage budgets, coordinate schedules, and work closely with our teams to develop video solutions for our clients that are on time, on budget, and beyond expectations.
Things you will do
- Collaborate with the creative director, account manager, and client to establish expectations of project and schedule
- Develop a working budget for each project that meets clients’ expectations and budget requirements
- Manage all aspects of video production by supporting the creative vision, direction, schedule, budget, and client satisfaction
- Select and hire crew, talent, writers, and editors and make arrangements with vendors and freelance partners with the goal of getting the best talent and equipment for the best price
- Ensure profitability of the project
- Complete purchase orders and other required paperwork
- Track and monitor financial performance of each project
- Work closely with the account staff and clients to communicate progress of each project
- Upon project completion, follow archive procedures and finalize financial aspects of the project
- Manage multiple projects at one time
- Oversee large-scale as well as small budgets
- Establish and nurture good relationships with outside film vendors and resources
- Wear multiple hats as a line producer, production manager, and project manager, depending on the budget
- Champion creative work with the ability to find solutions to make great ideas happen within budget
- Communicate and thrive under pressure
- Use working knowledge of the postproduction process to ensure timely delivery of the finished product
- Know all the roles and responsibilities of each crew member
- Be highly detail oriented with the ability to negotiate rates
Things you have
- Minimum five years of experience producing film and video projects
- Samples of work relevant to B2B and B2C
- Ability to travel on very short notice and work long hours for short periods of time
- Valid passport and driver's license
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment
- Broadcast advertising production is desired
- Ability to think on your feet and make quick decisions
Only apply if you
- Believe there is no “I” in TEAM
- Know the glass is half full and can’t sit still for someone to fill it for you
- Know how to work across teams and live and breathe the collaborative spirit
- Bring your A game to work every day and smile while playing it
- Take a thank-you from the client, and know instinctively the team deserves it even more
- Know that every problem has a solution
- Recognize failure as growth and learn from it
- Can live by our vision: Create. Great. Together.
Drop us a line
We are a creative agency, and we value outside-the-box thinking. Demonstrate this to us however you wish and submit a concise cover letter and resume.