Senior Writer - Technology
Who are we?
One of the original and now largest agencies born in the Pacific Northwest, CMD has over 40 years of continually wowing our clients and delivering the brand impact they need. We are 150 storytellers representing a wide spectrum of disciplines, but united by one vision: Create. Great. Together. Each day, we put our values into action while expertly adapting to changing landscapes and priorities. We value equity and diversity because we know it makes us more creative, more innovative, and better problem solvers.
Who do we need?
For us, the highest praise is when our clients say that working with us is the best part of their day. As an experienced writer passionate about the tech sector, you’ll conceptualize and execute everything from project briefs to video animations to 30-3-30s. This is a 30 to 40 hours per week contract opportunity, and you can work on-site or remotely. PST or CST zones are preferred. Your excellent research, writing, editing, creative vision, planning, and communication skills will ensure your work is brilliant and on point for one of the world’s largest tech brands.
Things you will do
- Collaborate with the creative and account teams to develop copy that is on strategy and reflects the brand personality
- Prepare and conduct SME interviews that result in clear and concise summary documents
- Write in a wide variety of styles that correspond to the client’s needs and achieve the project goals
- Produce a broad range of deliverables including solution briefs, product briefs, business briefs, white papers, video animations, gold decks and 30-3-30s, and messaging docs
- Demonstrate a vast knowledge of the tech industry, understanding what terms and jargon (like AI, IoT, vPro, and HPC) represent, and effectively communicate the who, what, why, and how in commonsense language
- Be savvy with all things digital and understand SEO
- Adhere to project budgets and time constraints
- Be a strategic thinker, deep researcher, and very good storyteller
- Manage multiple projects at one time
- Communicate and thrive under pressure
Things you have
- Four-year degree and minimum five years of experience
- Samples of work relevant to the tech sector
- Experience participating in meetings and the ability to defend existing or potential messaging directions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to think on your feet and make quick decisions
Only apply if you
- Believe there is no “I” in “team”
- Know the glass is half full and can’t sit still for someone to fill it for you
- Know how to work across teams and live and breathe the collaborative spirit
- Bring your “A game” to work every day and smile playing it
- Take a thank–you from the client and know instinctively the team deserves it even more
- Know that every problem has a solution
- Recognize failure as growth and learn from it
- Can live by our vision: Create. Great. Together.