As our senior strategist you’ll play a lead role in developing and presenting marketing communications strategy driven by research-based insights for our clients and new business prospects. This role specifically focuses on B2C brands at the intersection of innovation, culture and community.
The ideal candidate is passionate about understanding people and informing great campaigns, loves working with clients and cross-discipline teams, and is excited to educate everyone about the ever-changing landscape of B2C. Their purpose is to develop a strategic Point of View and drive understanding of where to find the ‘white space’ for a client or product—they do this by drawing from primary and secondary research, trend analysis, and their own deep understanding of what’s effective in causing attitudinal and behavioral change. Their comprehensive understanding of the client’s business and industry landscape leads to great work and results. With expertise in a variety of consumer industries including technology, finance, and F&B, they wow clients and industry partners. They help internal account and creative teams focus on how best to deliver business impact for the client.
Success in this position is evaluated on the quality of the strategic recommendations, how well clients are persuaded to approve the agency’s recommendations, and the ability to provide a strategic vision to internal teams to inform innovative and quality work.
Things you will do
Client and Creative Services
- Provide a strategic vision to guide the agency team and drive new business efforts; assist in keeping the client informed of industry, discipline and audience trends that impact marketing effectiveness
- Translate research findings, existing data, market reports and trends into compelling insights that shape client marketing and communication strategies, which may include segmentation, key selling ideas, brand positioning, cross-channel integration, content strategy, and other elements required by the client
- “Sell” ideas and insight conclusions to the client
- Work with clients to establish goals and objectives and deliver and add value to their business needs
- Focus on delivering impact and ROI for clients
- Contribute to creative briefs and assist Account Services with client marketing plans and strategies
- Present findings, distill information, and provide recommendations and direction to internal teams for campaigns and initiatives
- Collaborate with creative and discipline teams to generate innovative thinking and quality work that delivers impact and ROI
- Assist in monitoring and analyzing campaign success with metrics and analytics; recommend changes and optimizations based on analytics and account needs
- Identify potential problems and devise solutions to rectify them
- Ideate and develop strategy ‘offerings’ and services that can be used to expand the agency’s reach into a client
- Propose, develop, manage, and analyze research projects
- Conduct research and distill findings into consumer behaviors and attitudes that can be shared with team
- Stay current on market and customer trends, as well as advances in marketing practices
Things you have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field and minimum of seven years’ work experience in planning, strategy, and/or research, preferably in an agency environment
- Experience in consumer technology
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, think strategically, execute flawlessly, and solve problems innately (know when to use logical thinking and when to be flexible)
- Passion for consumer marketing
- Smart and intuitive approach to work
- Ability to present with confidence; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic marketing skills, including developing strategic plans that deliver client results
- Proven success working in cross-functional teams, bringing out the best results in each team member and sharing insights that inform quality work
- Ability to derive insight from client’s business, the audience base, company culture, marketplace, competitor, brand, etc.
- Expertise in conducting, analyzing, and leveraging research to recommend approaches for campaigns
Only apply if you
- Believe that building strong client relationships is more than just delivering good work
- Have the ability and desire to help drive great creative
- Know how to work across teams, live and breathe the collaborative spirit
- Have a natural curiosity and can always learn something new
- Take a ‘thank you’ from the client, and know instinctively the team deserves it even more
- Know that every problem has a solution
- Recognize failure as growth and learn from it
- Can live by our vision: Create. Great. Together.