Who are we
One of the original and now largest agencies born in the Pacific Northwest, CMD has 40 years of continually wowing our clients and delivering the brand impact they need. We are 150 storytellers representing a wide spectrum of disciplines, but united by one vision: Create. Great. Together. Each day, we put our values into action, while expertly adapting to changing landscapes and priorities. We value equity and diversity because we know it makes us more creative, more innovative, and better problem solvers.
Who do we need
You secretly would like to be a professional gamer. As the next best thing you’d be thrilled to use your knowledge and experience in the gaming and tech space to lead the strategic direction of a portfolio focused on consoles, tablets, and all things tech. As an account director on our team you’ll provide leadership, integrated marketing genius and planning, success metrics and KPIs for a dynamic group of clients. You’ll be adept at new business through existing client relationships and establish a pipeline of net-new clients to uncover additional revenue opportunities. You’ll demonstrate strong leadership, fiscal responsibility, manage and delegate work when appropriate, and mentor team members while establishing strong internal and external relationships. You will be viewed by our clients as a valued extension of their marketing team by delivering insightful, smart, and innovative marketing solutions that exceed expectations and drive measurable results. And, you’ll make working with CMD the best part of their day.
Things you will do
- Deeply understand and be the internal expert at the highest level on the clients’ business, industry, and competition
- Create incredible client relationships by building trust and confidence as an agency partner; act as the liaison between the client and agency teams
- Manage existing client partnerships and grow accounts by generating business building ideas
- Partner closely with internal CMD disciplines to create and execute innovative, data-driven marketing plan recommendations and deliverables, driving each milestone to completion and measuring results against targets throughout the process
- Proactively solve problems at all levels, utilizing various leadership and negotiation skills, offering solutions and achieving account goals and KPIs
- Champion accountability within the CMD team to measure success based on achievement of client goals and KPIs against planned targets
- Own the fiscal responsibility of all account planning, forecasting and budgeting: accurately manage SOWs, POs, change orders, and billing in partnership with CMD’s project management team (and client)
- Prepare and present results and insights tied to objectives during and at the end of programs or campaigns, leverage learnings into future planning LocationPositionDateDepartmentTitleSeattleFull-timeNovember 2019Client ServicesAccount DirectorThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of this position. CMD is an equal opportunity employer.cmdagency.com Page 2 of 3
- Encourage nimble, iterative approach in meeting client’s needs – drive flexibility and creative thinking to solve client’s problems in real time
- Develop, mentor and direct account services staff and guide others outside of immediate influence
- Provide a road map for account success, uncover opportunity areas for operational and process improvements, report on progress, and set actions plans for account growth
Things you have
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, master’s degree a plus
- Minimum of 8–10 years of agency or client-side marketing experience
- A passion for gaming. You know the difference between Miramar and Erangel, and prefer Ninja or Shroud (or at least know who they are).
- Ability to lead and guide clients effectively by providing sound counsel and identifying and implementing integrated marketing plan recommendations that advance/improve the business... they really find you indispensable
- Leadership and account management skills with proven track record of managing million-dollar accounts, ensuring the highest quality of work created by the team
- Ability to translate clients’ business, competition and market trends into strategic, actionable marketing plans for core team members to execute
- Experience and deep-rooted understanding of the ever-evolving marketing landscape, its complexities across platforms and channels, and passion for applying them to agency recommendations
- Adept at measuring marketing plan success against goals and KPIs: effectively analyze results, interpret data, draw sound conclusions, and develop insightful and actionable strategic recommendations, ensuring optimization of marketing budgets
- Strong interpersonal, communications and negotiation skills; comfortable and effective working with senior-level and C-suite executives
- Excellent financial skills with the ability to manage annual revenue goals: reporting and forecasting on a weekly basis
- Ability to lead by example in setting the standard for account team members in their work ethic, professionalism, cooperation and organizational success
- Self-motivation, sense of urgency, well-organized, great sense of humor, and committed to excellence
- High-level computer and software skills, and not afraid of learning something new
- Ability to travel 10–25%, as required
Only apply if you
- Know how to work across teams and live and breathe the collaborative spirit
- Have a strong desire to work on a team putting out some of the best creative work in Seattle
- Take a 'thank-you' from the client, and know instinctively the team deserves it even more
- Know that every problem has a solution
- Are naturally curious and always learning
- Recognize failure as growth and learn from it
- Can live by our vision: Create. Great. Together.
DROP US A LINE
We are a creative agency, and we value outside-the-box thinking. Demonstrate this to us however you wish and submit a concise cover letter and resume.